The Provincetown Dog Park Association opened Pilgrim Bark Park in 2008 and since, the park has been voted one of the nation’s top dog parks. Minutes from pet-friendly Cape Colony Inn, Pilgrim Bark Park is located on an acre of land at the intersection of Route 6 and Shank Painter Road in Provincetown. The park offers plenty of parking and is easily accessible from Route 6 (East). Bark Park is open to the public—rules and regulations are posted at the park as well as below.
If you want your dog to run free, head over to Pilgrim Bark where dogs can socialize off leash. If you have a tiny pooch, don’t worry, the park even offers a section exclusively for dogs under 25 pounds.
You’ll be amazed at the park’s beautiful artwork created by local artists—sculptures which include a large bronze whale’s tail, fire hydrants (painted to look like canine versions of Provincetown’s police officers, fire fighters and public workers), three-tiered water fountains, a small scale version of the Pilgrims’ Mayflower ship and more! Poop bag stations, kiosks, signage and a super-sized doghouse are just some of the amenities.
Cape Colony Inn is a proud sponsor of the park and thanks to donations by Cape Colony Inn and other donors/sponsors, the Pilgrim Bark Park is continuously being improved!
Pilgrim Bark Park Rules & Regulations:
- Dogs MUST be licensed and vaccinated, and wear tags at all times
- Dogs MUST be spayed or neutered
- Dogs MUST be at least four months old
- Dogs MUST be within view and voice control of owner at all times
- Dogs MUST NOT be sick or suffering with parasites
- Dogs MUST be leashed when outside the gated enclosure
Owners & Handlers:
- MAY NOT bring animals other than dogs into the park
- MAY NOT bring more than 3 dogs into the park at one time
- MUST clean up after dog IMMEDIATELY
- MUST IMMEDIATELY remove a problem dog (displaying aggressive behavior, mounting, excessive barking) from park WITHOUT DEBATE
- MAY NOT bring food, alcoholic beverages or glass containers into park
- MAY NOT smoke
- MUST IMMEDIATELY stop dogs from digging and fill in any holes
- MUST keep park gates closed at all times
- ARE SOLELY responsible for injuries and damage caused by their dogs
- MUST provide supervision to children under age 16
- MAY NOT bring strollers, bicycles or any children’s toys into park