We had the chance to sit down with one of our favorite entertainers in Provincetown for a few questions! Marti Gould Cummings is a NYC based comedic performer who has won the Werrrk.com Drag Queen of the Year Award, 2 Odyssey Magazine Awards for Best Drag Queen, and a Glam Award. You can see the show July 6 and 7th at 10:00!
1. Welcome to town! Is this your first experience here? What are you here for?
This is my 4th summer in PTOWN and my second summer as a performer. I adore it here!
2. You’re based in NYC, what’s a typical week like for you there?
I perform 8 shows a week, many of which include the biggest names of Broadway. Guest of my show have included Cheyenne Jackson, Rumer Willis and over 20 Tony Award winners. I stay busy!
3. Who are your “drag-fluences”?
Jack Plotinick and Provincetown’s Varla Jean Merman and, of course, Miss Richfield 1981! (We sat down with Miss Richfield 1981 last summer for a few questions – check it out here!)
4. What do you love and miss about Ptown when you leave?
5. If you could pick the “perfect Saturday” in Ptown, what would you do?
To put it simply: beach, eat, cruise, perform, dance!